Jailbreak iOS 7, 7.1 and 7.1.1
Before continuing further with this iOS 7.1.1 jailbreak tutorial, ensure that you have access to the following items, all of which are necessary to jailbreak 7.1.1 Untethered.
- Any of the iPhone, iPad or iPod touch models listed above that’s running iOS 7.1.1.
- A Windows-based PC – while OS X isn’t currently supported, Pangu should update their utility soon to include Mac OS X functionality.
- The all-new Pangu Windows jailbreak utility and Apple’s latest version of iTunes installed on your computer, both of which can be found at the end of this tutorial.
- Jailbreak for iOS 7.1.1, download iTunes from our download section, which is listed below, to ensure that you obtain genuine software.
- Upon downloading Jailbreak software, plug your iPhone, iPad or iPod into your computer via either Apple’s standard 30-pin USB or Lightning cable and run the program.
- To ensure that unnecessary Chinese software is not installed on your iDevice, uncheck the box toward the bottom of Pangu’s foreign interface (refer to the above video if you’re at all confused by this step).
- After confirming that your device has been identified at the top of the Pangu interface window, click the start (????) button and set the date back to June 2nd, 2014 at 8:30 PM or 20:30 (navigate to Settings > General > Time & Date and uncheck “Set Automatically”)
- Once Pangu’s progress bar continues, press the home button on your device and tap the new “Pangu” icon to proceed with the iOS 7.1.1 jailbreak.
- Leave your iDevice connected to your computer and once it reboots, unlock the iPhone, iPad or iPod touch and tap the Pangu icon for a second time.
- Finally, after the last reboot has finished, your device should display a welcome site: Cydia. However, your device won’t be usable until it resprings after reorganizing iOS 7.1.x’s filesystem (refer to the video).
Congratulations, after following and completing seven simple and easy-to-understand steps, you’ve successfully jailbroken your iPod touch, iPad or iPhone!
Download Jailbreak Utility HERE
Apple’s most recent version of iTunes – required to jailbreak 7.1.1 HERE
iOS 7.1.1 IPSW – to restore your iDevice to if it isn’t on the latest firmware HERE